We are committed to protecting your privacy and earning your confidence. This notice describes the information we collect about you and how we use and protect it.
To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we adhere to the following privacy principles:
We collect most information directly from you or your authorised representative. The information collected by us includes your contact information such as your name, age, address, email address and other details as given in the application form. In addition, we may further collect the following information given by you or your authorised representative:
- when you apply for an insurance product distributed by MPI Generali, personal data relating to your personal health and medical history (including the medical history of your immediate family members), financial information such as credit card number and expiration date, and your beneficiary details may be collected;
- when you apply for a job with MPI Generali, personal data relating to your qualifications, employment history, experience and expertise may be collected;
- when you apply to participate in any promotions or contests organised or arranged by MPI Generali, information such as your gender, interests, preferences and opinions may be collected;
- when you offer to provide goods or services to MPI Generali, personal data relating to your qualifications, experience and expertise may be collected;
- when you are the officer or shareholder or standing as guarantor of a company which has or intends to have any dealings with MPI Generali, personal data relating to your position, financial standing or shareholding in the company may be collected.
Purpose of the Information Collected
We will process personal data disclosed by you or your authorised representative for the following purposes:
- To consider your request for a product or service
- To provide you with other MPI Generali products or services through direct marketing
- To facilitate your application as our agent, staff or service provider
- To facilitate your participation for any promotions or contests organised or arranged by MPI Generali
- To provide you with regular communication relating to the services or products offered by MPI Generali
- To perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development, credit scoring, staff training, market or customer survey, service improvement and product development)
- To handle enquiries, audit, complaints, investigation or legal proceedings
- As required by the relevant laws and regulations
Disclosure of your Personal Information
The personal information you have provided to us will be handled with strict confidentiality and your privacy is guarded at all times. We will disclose information about you only to the extent as may be permitted by law. Disclosure to MPI Generali’s related and associated companies or third parties, within and outside Malaysia, includes those that in our opinion are required to provide services relating to the purposes for which the personal data are collected and processed.
We recognise our responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, disclosure or use of your personal data. You may choose not to provide us with the requested personal data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to provide the most suitable or any product or service to you.
Notification of Changes
We may periodically review this policy and modify it to reflect changes in legislation, industry code or business environment. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy by the posting of a prominent announcement on our website.
Some information is collected automatically when you visit the site because your Internet Protocol address needs to be recognised by the server. We may use this information to monitor and analyse how parts of our site are used. Individual users are not identified during the process and we do not use “cookies” for research.
Your Rights as Data Subject
We acknowledge that keeping your information accurate, complete and updated is very important. If your personally identifiable information changes or if you no longer desire our service, you may write to us to correct, update or delete the information.
Requests for access and correction should be addressed to:
Manager, Customer Service Department
MPI Generali Insurans Berhad
8th Floor, Menara Multi-Purpose, Capital Square
8 Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur
Contact No: +603 - 2034 9888
Or send an email to email@example.com